Site logo

Tragic Incident Claims Life of 83-Year-Old Man in Embu Fire.

In a tragic incident in Kigumo, Runyenjes, Embu, an 83-year-old man, Boniface Mwangi Njanga, passed away following a fire caused by a kerosene lamp. The relatives of the deceased reported discovering the fire late at night and despite their efforts, they were unable to save the elderly family member.

 

Emilio Munene, one of Njanga’s sons, recalled being alerted by his grandchild, who cried for help upon noticing the engulfment of his grandfather’s house in flames.

 

“I was heading to the bathroom when the grandchild called for help. He mentioned the grandfather’s house was on fire and that attempts to open the door were futile,” Munene shared.

 

“After persistent efforts, we found his lifeless body at the corner of his brick house.”

 

Munene emphasized that they believed the fire was accidental, given his father’s amicable relationships with everyone, leading them to suspect no deliberate act.

 

The incident was reported to the Embu East Police, who swiftly responded. The deceased’s remains have been transported to the Consolata Kyeni Mission Hospital Mortuary.

 

Article By Suzy Nyongesa.

Comments

  • No comments yet.
  • Add a comment